Advocate for Multilingual Story Times in our Public Libraries

 


One way to advocate for multilingual students and their families is to check in with your public library to see if they offer bilingual/multilingual story times! For some public libraries, they may have never been asked this question or even considered that this is a need. For public libraries that are doing this already, GIVE THEM A SHOUT OUT! Let them know how much you appreciate this offering! 

You can even drop the above graphic into a DM or email, and keep it as simple as that! 

For a quick script for this, consider this message (and just edit to suit your style/message)! 

"Hello! My name is _____ and I teach _____ at _______. I love that our local library does so much in our community. I serve students across __(#)__ languages and I think it would be really great to offer a bilingual story time in _____ or ______. This came up in a conversation online recently and I think it would be a great addition to what our awesome library offers! I would be happy to promote it and share it with the families I serve. Thanks for considering!" 

Share this message on TikTok

Heck, you could even encourage them to join in the fun of the #LoveOurLanguages Campaign! This post on Part Three of the campaign may be perfect to invite them into this work! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language Proficiency Tool for Teachers

"I Need" Cards: Printables for Newcomers

Reflections, Celebrations, & Goals