#EduListers Challenge

Years ago, I participated regularly in a "Listers Challenge." What is that? It’s a community of folks who love to make lists - but not quite “to-do” lists - more like a space to be creative and capture different thoughts, ideas, and reflections in a list format. It really helped me as a form of journaling and also served as a creative outlet. I would write my list out with different pens and colors and then would decorate the page with stickers, washi tape, and doodles. It was a lot of fun! As my daughter got older, I would have her join in with me. After time passed, the listers community started to dissipate. I wanted to bring it back! 

For all the inspiration behind this idea, check out this website, and be sure to search the hashtags #ListersGottaList. The creator behind all of this was named Cori, AKA The Reset Girl.


As an educator who serves multilingual learners, I’m always looking for ways that teachers can support their students with growing their love and passion for writing. I thought this would be a match made in paradise! 


Since this is a new year, I decided to start this up with a list of 25 things each month. Feel free to use these however you wish. I thought it would be fun to give us a space online to share our thoughts and ideas with these prompts, too. As of today (1/3/2024), there’s no one using #EduListers, so let’s try that out. Teachers and leaders can do this as their own independent creative outlet, and/or they can invite their students to do this. The hashtag should only include EDUCATORS’ posts and not students’, since it may be a violation of students’ trust to share those online! 


To get started, here’s your first month’s list. I also wanted to include each month's listing in a Google Slides format that you can display in your classroom for students, with each prompt worded a little differently to enhance meaning and stretch vocabulary for our students! 



January Listing Prompts

Google Slides Version of these prompts

  1. Things I did today

  2. Things I’ve said to myself in the last 24 hours

  3. Moments I love each day

  4. Things I’m thankful for today

  5. People I love

  6. Current favorite songs

  7. Current favorite snacks

  8. My favorite colors right now

  9. Things that people have said to me that made me feel good

  10. Traits I have that I appreciate

  11. Things that make me laugh

  12. Lyrics that make feel big emotions

  13. Quotes that fire me up

  14. Ways I help people I love

  15. I feel most comfortable when…

  16. Favorite scents

  17. Ways I can help the world be better today

  18. Affirmations I need to tell myself today

  19. Characters in a book, show, or movie that I love

  20. My favorite ways to move my body

  21. A few people I admire are…

  22. Ways I take care of myself

  23. When I feel stuck, I know I can…

  24. Sounds I really love

  25. I feel excited about…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language Proficiency Tool for Teachers

"I Need" Cards: Printables for Newcomers

Reflections, Celebrations, & Goals