The Puppy Bowl 2024: Some PAWsome Student Activities

 If you know me, this may come as no surprise that I LOVE THE PUPPY BOWL. I have fostered puppies with my family for about ten years, so this televised event is one of my personal favorites every year. It may also come as no surprise that I designed an activity for students to accompany the puppy fun! 

Check it out linked here! 

It gives students the full lineup of the puppies, with a space for them to write a one-sentence bio. Of course, mix it up by going to FILE and MAKE A COPY and you can edit it to meet your needs! Working on descriptive language? Change it up so it's about listing unique adjectives as a language stretcher to describe each puppy! 

Other possible variations: 

*Pick 5 puppies to write a one-sentence-bio and pick one puppy to do a full paragraph biography! 

*Pick one puppy and create a flyer to help this puppy get adopted (even though, in reality, by the time of the airing of The Puppy Bowl, all puppies will go home to their furever families)! 

*Create their own sports broadcast with Puppy Bowl predictions! 

*Do any of the above activities independently, in partners, or in small groups.

For further fun, check out a few of my former foster puppies! 

 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language Proficiency Tool for Teachers

"I Need" Cards: Printables for Newcomers

Reflections, Celebrations, & Goals