What's "In" and "Out" for 2024?

 A current social media trend (explained here in this NY Times Article) is to define what the author/creator deems is IN and OUT for the new year. I've been entertained by seeing these on my social media feeds, so I'm wondering if there may be some fun value in this trend for our students! 

I'm picturing this would work for middle and high schoolers - what do you think? While even our youngest students are utilizing/consuming social media, I think our teens and tweens probably are most familiar with this particular trend, but I could be wrong! 

Here's some ideas for how to implement this in your classroom. I love when we're able to incorporate social media trends into our classrooms because there are so many different language and creator models out there, and it gives our students the chance to use THEIR voice, ideas, and reflections to share with an audience (even if that audience is just their classmates!). 

View a few student-friendly samples from social media. If I have time to find some, I will link them here (or if you have one to share, let me know!). You can also create a few with your colleagues to share with students! How fun would that be?!

Use a template for students to use, like this one! I have 4 pages in this doc - one that is an overview with a blank space, one student independent reflection, one student reflection on what's IN and OUT for their school, and one final page that explains using different terms and questions to spark ideas! Feel free to go to FILE and MAKE A COPY to edit your own version! If you use this, tag me on social media @MrsSpinasClass or email me at carlymspina@gmail.com - I'd love to see what you and your students come up with! 


 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language Proficiency Tool for Teachers

"I Need" Cards: Printables for Newcomers

Reflections, Celebrations, & Goals